Raw Materials Buyer
Unique-Prescotech, Inc. has continued to diversify and grow its position within several end use markets over the last sixty plus years by investing in the latest modern equipment and people with experience and dedication to excellence.
We are now hiring a Raw Materials Buyer to monitor raw material inventory levels and customer orders to determine material needs. This includes creating purchase orders, scheduling deliveries, expediting shipments when necessary, and maintaining accurate records.
• 2+ years in a related field (preferably in an industrial environment)
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office and ERP experience a plus)
• Ability to solve problems and willingness to learn new concepts, processes and product information.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize situations that require urgent attention is critical utilizing time management and organization skills.
• Develop material sources and oversee forecasting of future material needs.
• Direct the acquisition of materials and oversees materials inventory.
• Plan and coordinate production material needs through release of Work Orders to meet customer demands & material lead times.
• Work with vendors and suppliers to obtain critical, complex, or difficult to acquire supplies or equipment that are of substantial importance to the organization.
• Generally adhere to established policies and procedures and buy at lowest cost consistent with required quality, quantity, and availability.
• Execute purchase orders and follow up as needed.
• Develop and maintain necessary files and records.
• Negotiate and recommend appropriate settlement for defective shipments or other errors or delays.
• Source and purchase materials, equipment or supplies at lowest cost while still meeting quality, quantity and availability needs.
• Negotiate price and delivery standards for materials.
• Supervise employees in the materials function.
• Bending, stooping, lifting and extended periods of standing & sitting.
• Good oral & written communication.
• Strong basic math skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.